Our Mission:To provide resources, answers and support to all people with blindness or other visual impairment that maximize their ability to meet life’s daily challenges and realize their continued self-worth and value to our community.
Our Commitment:BCABVI is an organization dedicated to providing the highest level of service to our clients by offering programs and services that are proactive, aligned with our mission and meet the evolving needs of our clients. This commitment to excellence is incorporated throughout every level of the organization, from direct client service to the overall governance of the agency.
We review the effectiveness of our programs annually to assure programs offered remain relevant and useful to our current clients, to be proactive with future needs, to guarantee all available resources are being utilized responsibly and to maximize the impact of each dollar raised in support of services.
Our Numbers 2013-2014:
- Number of people who reached out to us for help 3171
- 2292 preschool aged kids received free vision screenings at 86 sites throughout the county as part of our Prevention of Blindness program
- 1528 hours of support groups for vision loss
- Hours of specialized training provided (technology, daily living skills, group rehabilitation) 2056
- 906 hours of life skills education
- 7567 rides throughout our community using 6 vans and 2 buses
- 380 hours of home support for independent living
- Total number of community members who received services in our Low Vision Clinics 605
- 238 new patients received low vision evaluations ( 32% increase over last year)
- 425 low vision aids were provided to help with daily living
- 3616 hours of Social/recreational activities
- 12 clients gave 160.5 hours of mentoring services (almost triple from prior year)
- 25 volunteers donated 2272.75 hours of service
- $5 – the amount raised for every $1 spent on fundraising
- 85% of operating budget generated by BCABVI