In Home Services
Through a Specialized Services contract funded by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, BCABVI provides in home support services that encourage eligible individuals with visual impairment to remain independent in their homes.
Examples of services offered include:
• Assistance in preparing shopping lists and with shopping
• Assistance with personal business, such as reading mail, paying bills, budgeting, handling correspondence, filing applications for benefits and other essential errands
• Assistance in labeling, organizing and storage
• Remarking or adjusting household appliances and equipment subsequent to professional instruction
• Transportation and escort services to medical appointments
Potential clients must meet eligibility requirements including documentation of visual impairment, demonstration of a need for services, financial need and lack of comparable benefits available for support.