A group of people essential to our success is our band of talented volunteers. Whether they are providing direct client services, helping with fundraising, or lending a hand in our Thrift Shop, these people are tireless in their efforts to help us meet the needs of our clients. There is no way this agency could provide the many services we do if we were solely dependent upon a paid staff.
When considering volunteer opportunities, please consider the following:
- Are you planning on volunteering on an ongoing basis or on a project basis?
- Do you prefer direct client contact or agency operations?
- What are your interests, skills or hobbies that could be shared?
- Would you like to volunteer at our facility or in the community?
- Are you part of a group or looking for an individual opportunity?
- When are you available?
Based on your answers, BCABVI will work with you to develop a volunteer opportunity that will match your needs.
Examples of past volunteer matches include:
- Maintaining the book room in our thrift shop
- Landscaping and property maintenance
- Friendly visiting for home based clients
- Assisting with programs at the center including crafts, bingo and trivia
BCABVI provides all the necessary training and support needed to encourage a positive experience volunteering with us. We are grateful to each and every volunteer for giving their time to help build a stronger community.
If you would like to volunteer with our agency, please
- call us at (215) 968-9400 or
- complete our Volunteer Form